This doesn't need a big introduction, so here it is!
Sure to warm you up in the DEAD of Winter, Spicy Chicken Chili
Recipe adapted from : Tasty Kitchen
1 rotisserie chicken
1 whole yellow onion, sliced
2 tablespoons garlic
3 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried Spanish thyme
1 32oz carton chicken stock
2 cups water
1 10.75oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 15.05oz cans great northern beans, drained
6 whole pickled jalapenos, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
· Skin and debone chicken, set aside.
· Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, saute onions until tender.
· Add the chicken, spices, chicken stock, water, soup, beans and jalapenos.
Garnish with chopped jalapenos, shredded monterey jack cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream, tortillas strips…the options are endless.
I had some old bread I was about to throw out but instead, made some DELISH crispy toasts to go along side.
Monterey Jack Cheese & Jalapeno Toasts
1 loaf bakery bread, a day or two old. I used whole wheat ciabatta
1/8 cup olive oil for brushing
2 whole pickled jalapenos, sliced
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees
· Slice bread into 12 even slices, about ¼ in thick
· Brush both sides of bread with olive oil.
· Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the slices.
· Top with jalapeno slices.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the corners are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
I was lucky to have a snow day today and got to eat some more for lunch!!!!!!!
Well back to the office tomorrow...
Until next time!