Also, I did pretty good with the "trying to cook just for two" thing...this is enough for 2 hearty portions with some pasta leftover for lunch...we destroyed the clams! They were SO good and would make an impressive appetizer prepared this way as well!!!!
Linguine with Fresh Clams
12-18 littleneck clams, scrubbed
1/2 pound fresh chopped clams
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped plus more for garnishing
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
fresh cheese for grating
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add the garlic & onion, cook until translucent. Approx 8 minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, salt & pepper. Bring to boil, turn down heat and add the chopped clams. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the clams, cover and steam for approx 8 minutes or until the clams open. Transfer to bowl and discard any clams that do not open.
- Finally, toss the linguine with the sauce right in the pan, serve into bowls and top with the whole clams.
- Garnish with freshly grated cheese and parsley.
|Don't forget the fresh bread & fresh grated cheese!|
|There's no more left?!?!?!?! May need to up the clam quantity next time!|