I managed to make a FABULOSO meal without going to the store...I was so proud...because we all know if I had gone to the store...I would have walked out with over $100 worth of shiat I didn't need!
I introduce you to...
Lemon Pepper Shrimp & Penne Alfredo
1 box whole grain penne, cooked according to directions
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
2 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 pound large shrimp(approx 18-20) peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Coat shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon pepper and mix together. Set aside in the fridge.
- Heat butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Stir in the flour, whisking constantly to make a roux.
- Slowly stir in the milk and cook for 10 minutes. DO NOT LET IT COME TO A BOIL.
- Next, add the pepper, garlic salt, the remaining lemon pepper and fresh basil. Let cook down for about 20 minutes or until it has reached your desired thickness and stir in the cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp has turn pink and opaque.
- Toss the sauce with the noodles, top with the shrimp and finish off with some freshly grated parmesan.
This is enough to serve 4-6. And yes, it was just Matt & I last night...I do NOT know how to cook for just 2. SERIOUSLY...need to get on that train...
Well folks, I hope you have a fabuloso weekend! I'm off to DC tomorrow to see my brother, eat at some delish food and hopefully catch up with some friends!
Foodie post upon my return!!!