I also knew that since he wasn't going to be home for dinner, I wanted something quick and easy. My fridge was in need of a bit of a cleaning, so I thought to myself...How bout a stir-fry???
Really, you can't go wrong. Open your veggie drawer, see what ya got and there ya have it!!!!!
As most of you know, we like a lot of spice, so I used House of Tsang Spicy Szechuan Sauce and added some Sriracha too. But you can use whatever flavor floats your boat!
I'm not gonna lie...I had stir-fry on my mind when I went to the store last week....because I don't normally buy bok choy on a regular basis!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 whole yellow onion, sliced
1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
1 bunch broccolini, stems trimmed
1 can bean sprouts, drained or 1 cup fresh
1 cup edamame, shelled
1 cup bottled szechuan stir-fry sauce, or your favorite flavor
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce*optional*
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan over high heat, add the onions, garlic & ginger paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Stirring once or twice.
- Next, add the bok choy, broccolini, stir-fry sauce and soy sauce. Mix well, cover and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes(depending how soft/crunchy you like your vegetables).
- Finally, add the edamame, bean sprouts and sriracha sauce. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice or noodle of your choice.
This would probably serve 4 maybe 6 adults...still working on that cooking for 2 thing ;)
|Didn't use the bell pepper...my pot was pretty loaded already!|
|And there ya have it! Delish!!!|