September 4, 2012

Cajun Chicken & Andouille Sausage Pasta

I love pasta. It's as simple as that. I'm beginning to think I may have a problem...you would think with the amount of pasta I ate while I was pregnant I would be sick of it...that is clearly not the case. I threw this dish together the other day when I really wanted to make Jambalaya but then realized I was missing a few ingredients....So I came up with this and it was pretty darn good!


Cajun Chicken & Andouille Sausage Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 links andouille sausage, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 cubanelle pepper, thinly sliced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
cajun/blackening seasoning, to taste
salt & pepper, to taste
bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Season the chicken breast generously with the Cajun seasoning on both sides. Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides, approx 3 minutes. Place pan in preheated oven and finish cooking for 8-10 minutes. Depending on the size of the breasts. Remove from oven, remove chicken from skillet, slice and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, set aside.

For the sauce :
In a sauce pan or skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, garlic, cook until soft and then add the tomatoes, artichoke, white wine and a dash of cajun seasoning. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Toss the chicken, sausage, sauce & pasta together and serve with crusty bread.





Sorry for my lack of quality pictures...I was using my iPhone...

Till next time!


Pin It

2 comments:

Kate B. said...

YUM!!! Will try this one! And--you have inspired me to get back to blogging. It's been too long :).

erica said...

Oh my goodness...yum! I definitely will have to give this a try! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...