April 28, 2011

Chicken and Avocado Panini with Jalapeno Mayo

Last night was an easy night...Matt was working late and I was doing stuff around the house...which included putting groceries away, even though I told myself it was clean out the pantry week!?!?! I am sure I'm not the only one who tries this and FAILS...Yesterday's trip to the store cost me $200 and I don't even know what I got!!!! SERIOUSLY, this has to STOP!
My first mistake was going to Family Fare on my way home. I think they jack their prices up just because they know that is the only option, besides Harding's...and let's just say that particular one isn't the cleanest..
Anyways, now I am just rambling and will get to the point. DINNER! Super easy and super delish!!!

Chicken and Avocado Panini
2 chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2" thick
1 whole avocado, sliced
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
jalapeno mayo, as little or as much as you like, recipe below
4 semi-thick slices ciabatta or bread of your choice
butter for the outside of the bread
panini grill

Heat the panini grill to medium/high heat.
Season the chicken with the seasoning of you choice. I used Adam's Reserve kicked up chicken.
Place chicken on hot grill, close and cook until no longer pink. Approx 8 minutes on medium/high heat.
Remove the chicken from grill and set aside.
Butter the outside of the bread, start with the jalapeno mayo on the bottom next put the chicken, half of the avocado, half of the cheese and finish the with other slice of bread.
Repeat for the second sandwich.
Place on the hot panini grill, cover and cook until toasted to your liking. Approx 5 minutes, I gave it a good press or two to really smash it down.

NOTE: If you don't have a panini grill, you could easily do this in a pan/skillet using something heavy to press it down. For example, another pan or wrap a brick with heavy duty foil and that would work perfectly.


Printable Recipe!!!








Voila!
Served with a leafy green salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette
Jalapeno Mayo
1 1/2 cups mayo
2 whole fresh jalapenos, diced
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano

Mix all ingredients together well.
Put on your favorite sandwiches!
Can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks.



Printable Recipe!!!

I am now wishing that I hadn't sent my other half with the husband this morning...because it is sounding pretty dang good right now!!!

I just checked the weather and it is looking promising for the weekend...I am keeping my *fingers crossed* hoping I didn't just jinx it by saying that!

Have a fabuloso day!Pin It

4 comments:

Lori said...

Looks good and easy! I might try it for Todd, too bad I sold my Panini press in my garage sale last year for a crappy $5

1,000 Apple Pies said...

Can you send me this for lunch?? Dearborn & Monroe, Chicago. Thanks! lol. Seriously looks DEEEELISH.

Eccentric Kitchen (Steph) said...

Lori...$5 really??? Somebody got a good deal! haha

Kate...I would if I could!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Just saw this recipe and I'm dying over it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...