June 11, 2013

Shrimp Pad Thai

Well, well, well....it's been SO long since I have posted anything that I kind of forgot how blogger works! It's been a busy year to say the least but I am hoping to get back to blogging like I used too...so bear with me please!
 
Anyways...I made this last night and it turned out great! Similar to this previous dish I made but was a bit easier. ENJOY!
 
Shrimp Pad Thai
 
thai rice noodles, 1/2 package( I cooked the whole package but ended up only using about 1/2 the noodles)
1lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 yellow, red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1/2 jalapeno, sliced(optional)
1 package of fresh bean sprouts or 1 can, we like a lot but you could use less
1 tablespoon minced or chopped garlic
1 cup jarred peanut sauce or peanut satay sauce
sriracha sauce, to taste, optional (we like it spicy)
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
approx 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
chopped cilantro, for garnish(optional)
chopped peanuts, for garnish(optional)
For the sauce :
Mix the peanut sauce, sriracha sauce and soy together in a small bowl.

Cook the noodles according to package directions, set aside.
Heat the olive oil & garlic in a wok or large saute pan over med/high heat.
Add the onion, bell pepper & jalapeno to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes, add the bean sprouts, sesame oil and sauce. Mix well and cover and cook for approx 4 minutes, next add the shrimp, mix well and cover. Cook until the shrimp is almost opaque and then add the noodles. Mix together well and serve!

Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts(optional).

Pin It

1 comment:

Suzane said...

This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.homemade whiteboard cleaner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...